I wonder if George knows about Elizabeth Huey's paintings, recent Yale grad who makes historical collage paintings. The two with subdued palettes are really interesting, particularly that second one which looks like a 16th century Netherlandish landscape painting. I'd be very shocked if he wasn't an art history buff from the last two paintings.
(Elizabeth Huey, Pieter Brueghel, Greco) I see clear references to different periods of landscape painting.
Isabelle, those are nice suggestions. This work, however, is much larger than in scale compared to a postcard. I'd say on average each work is 4.5 by 5 feet. But i'm just throwing something out there from what i remeber seeing them in person, and im not the greatest at eyeballing measurements. Either way, the paintings are far more impacting in actuality given their true scale.
i was not really referring to the size of the work. it was just some abstract idea that I had about these works. I meant it beautifully. looking at the images- the feeling i guess.
Right, i didn't see it as a direct reference to scale. I meant that the homely intimate feeling of something postcard sized is quite different than works of this scale.
If you want to see more of George's work and will be in New York this fall come to his gallery! He has his first solo show up from November through January! It's going to be amazing so spread the word!
This is Elana from Fred Torres Collaborations. We currently have new works by George Rahme on view from now through January 23rd 2010. Please come by if you find yourself in New York, of view on our website: www.fredtorres.com
We also represent the works of Chris McGraw, another Detroit artist.
Detroit Art Weekly is a fantastic site. Thanks for organizing...
I wonder if George knows about Elizabeth Huey's paintings, recent Yale grad who makes historical collage paintings. The two with subdued palettes are really interesting, particularly that second one which looks like a 16th century Netherlandish landscape painting. I'd be very shocked if he wasn't an art history buff from the last two paintings.
ReplyDelete(Elizabeth Huey, Pieter Brueghel, Greco) I see clear references to different periods of landscape painting.
Andreas Alariesto:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.sodankyla.fi/alariestogalleria/kuvat/alariesto/k-andreas01.gif
http://www.museot.fi/uploadkuvat/nayttelykuvat/Rkk_0100_00.jpg
.postcard memories.
Isabelle, those are nice suggestions. This work, however, is much larger than in scale compared to a postcard. I'd say on average each work is 4.5 by 5 feet. But i'm just throwing something out there from what i remeber seeing them in person, and im not the greatest at eyeballing measurements. Either way, the paintings are far more impacting in actuality given their true scale.
ReplyDeletedavid- this is Ashley
ReplyDeletei was not really referring to the size of the work. it was just some abstract idea that I had about these works. I meant it beautifully. looking at the images- the feeling i guess.
Right, i didn't see it as a direct reference to scale. I meant that the homely intimate feeling of something postcard sized is quite different than works of this scale.
ReplyDeletei cant wait to see them im person.
ReplyDeleteWhere else can I see more of his work? I only saw a couple pieces at Popps Packing
ReplyDeleteIf you want to see more of George's work and will be in New York this fall come to his gallery! He has his first solo show up from November through January! It's going to be amazing so spread the word!
ReplyDeleteHello all,
ReplyDeleteThis is Elana from Fred Torres Collaborations. We currently have new works by George Rahme on view from now through January 23rd 2010. Please come by if you find yourself in New York, of view on our website: www.fredtorres.com
We also represent the works of Chris McGraw, another Detroit artist.
Detroit Art Weekly is a fantastic site. Thanks for organizing...
go george! found your name while looking into open studios at the russel, congrats.
ReplyDelete-shauna